Hi Welcome to Malaysian Relief Agency (MRA), Please fill your details below:
CloseLOGIN FOR DONATION
Hi, Welcome to Malaysian Relief Agency (MRA)
July 25, 2018
SHARE THIS POST:
Relief Since : 2017
1. The Malaysian Relief Agency (MRA) strongly condemns Aung San Suu Kyi’s Myanmar government, which continues to commit humanitarian crimes and human rights violations through massive military operations in Arakan province, Myanmar since last August.
2. Through UN statistics, nearly 120,000 Rohingya refugees have fled to the Myanmar-Bangladesh border for saving lives. They have no place to live because their houses and villages have been burned and their property has been seized. At the same time, a total of 400,000 refugees are expected to experience a tornado humanitarian crisis due to being trapped within the conflict zone in Northern Arakan territory due to the ongoing military operations of the Myanmar Army.
3. The situation became tenser when the tens of thousands of refugees to enter the neighboring country of Bangladesh were unavailable due to tight control of the Bangladesh troops on the border. Hence, their largely composed of women, children, and parents are largely desperate due to lack of food and other basic needs.
4. MRA wishes to record appreciation to the Malaysian government which has received Rohingya refugees enter through the country’s waters. Through the UNHCR monitoring, nearly 60,000 registered Rohingya refugees are in Malaysia. The MRA is one of the earliest humanitarian organizations that entered Arakan earth, after the outbreak of ethnic bloody conflict. MRA has sent food aid, constructed water wells in camps, providing Education assistance and medicines estimated at RM 2,000,000 as a result of Malaysian contributions.
5. MRA continues to champion the fate of Rohingya in Malaysia by conducting a special school for Rohingya children named Rohingya Community School (RCS) located in Kg Cheras Baru, Cheras. Here, the Rohingyas are supplied with science and religious education so that they are formed into a knowledgeable generation, have a sense of identity and noble morals.
6. For solidarity with the oppressed Rohingya community, MRA: –
a. Promote the United Nations, OIC, and ASEAN to act quickly in any way to end an immediate ethnic cleansing campaign in Arakan.
b. Prompting Myanmar Ambassador to Malaysia or their diplomatic representatives to immediately explain to the Malaysian government about the real situation in Arakan and the concrete precautionary steps that Myanmar’s Yangon-based Myanmar government will take and to ensure that ethnic cleansing campaigns are immediately stopped.
c. Allow the influx of humanitarian aid by international and local humanitarian organizations immediately to assist all Rohingya refugees in need of assistance.
d. Conduct cooperation with the Bangladesh government on border areas and temporary campsites in Bangladesh to bring in the necessary humanitarian aid as well as international financial resources to assist refugees.